Miniature precision compass module
ETLG Ltd: The HMR3601 µPOINT® miniature precision compass module is a 3-axis digital compass solution with a unique gyro stabilization to reduce effects of magnetic disturbances. Three magneto-resistive sensors, three MEMs accelerometers and a MEMS yaw rate gyro are combined to provide fully compensated compass heading as well as pitch and roll angles. The HMR3601, manufactured by US based Honeywell Aerospace, has provisions for hard and soft-iron correction algorithms to handle magnetic distortion effects. A World Magnetic Model feature is provided to automatically add declination angle corrections for reference to true north (geographic north). The yaw rate sensor provides temporary heading backup when the magnetic sensors are disturbed by the local presence of distorted magnetic fields. Honeywell continues to maintain product excellence and performance by introducing innovative solid-state magnetic sensor solutions.
- 0.5° typical heading accuracy, 0.15° resolution.
- Power 3.75 to 5.5 VDC, 300mwatts
- 25Hz update rate
- NMEA0183 HDG and HDT sentences, plus binary bi-directional packet data
- Asynchronous RS-232 interface, 4800 to 38400 bps.
- Compact Solution in a 1” x 1.04” x 0.54” module
- Designed for high mechanical shock tolerance
This product is also available as a demonstrator complete with display software and PC interface. Export Control Classification number 7A994 (non ITAR).