Automotive Sensor Signal Conditioner IC with analog output featuring high accuracy, compensation for large offsets, and optimization for safety-critical applications
ZMD AG (ZMDI), an award-winning global semiconductor company headquartered in Dresden, Germany, and specializing in enabling energy-efficient solutions, today announces the new ZSSC4151. As a global supplier of analog and mixed-signal solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, information technology and consumer applications, ZMDI is pleased to introduce a state-of-the-art sensor signal conditioner (SSC) capable of measuring full or half resistive bridge sensor signals and internal or external temperature sensors with analog output. With overvoltage reverse battery protection of ±40V, the ZSSC4151 is truly one of the most robust sensor signal conditioners available in the market today. With over 50 years of industry leadership, ZMDI has developed the ZSSC4151 as the first derivative of the new ZSSC415x Family within ZMDI’s existing ZSSC416X/ZSSC417X family of automotive SSCs, referred to as ZMDI’s Next Generation Platform ICs. ZMDI’s portfolio continues to evolve and expand in an effort to provide solutions to all markets.
“The ZSSC4151 is the first of many highly flexible and dynamic derivatives that will result from our Next Generation Platform. The ZSSC4151 is designed with the customer’s application in mind and will enhance performance and lower overall system costs while providing the designer assurance that they are using one of the most robust sensor signal conditioners available in the market today,” stated Jamie Douglas, Global Product Marketing Manager for Multi-Market Sensor Platforms at ZMDI.
- AEC-Q100 qualification: grade 0
- Supply voltage: 4.5V to 5.5V
- Extended temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- High accuracy: ±0.5% of full-scale output at 40°C to 125°C
- External temperature sensor input or internal temperature sensor
- 5V analog output, ZACwireTM single pin interface and I2C™
- Safety and diagnostic functions supporting automotive (ASIL B) and industrial (SIL 2) safety critical applications, according to the ISO 26262:2011 and IEC 61508 standards
- Robust electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance
- Analog-to-digital converter (ADC) resolution: configurable from 12 to 16 bit
- Large sensor offset correction using digital zooming with 14 to 18 bit resolution
- Output resolution: 12 bit
- Response time to 100% input step: 1.1ms
- Overvoltage protection: ±40V on VDDE, VSSE and AOUT pins
- Latch-up immunity: up to ±100mA
- Pressure sensors
- Strain gauges
- PTC RTD temperature sensors
The ZSSC4151 is in full production. Parts and evaluation kits are available from ZMDI and its distribution partners.
Zentrum Mikroelektronik Dresden AG (ZMDI) is an award-winning global semiconductor company headquartered in Dresden, Germany, and specializing in enabling energy-efficient solutions. ZMDI is global supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, mobile sensing, information technology and consumer applications. These solutions enable their customers to create the most energy-efficient products in multi-market sensing, including automotive and mobile; power management; motor controlling; battery management; and other industrial application-specific standard products (ASSP).
For over 50 years, ZMDI has been globally headquartered in Dresden, Germany. ZMDI serves customers directly as well as through global distribution partners located throughout Europe, Asia and Americas.