Gefell's rise to the digital super league of measurement microphones
Microtech Gefell: The innovative MV 240 digital is an all-in-one new development, which differs in every respect from all commercially available analogue digital solutions in terms of design and quality.
Outstanding features are, e.g:
- 32 bit data transmission
- Digital transmission of fixed calibrated sound pressure levels
- Full dynamics of the newly developed low noise ½ " Capsule
- With ¼"capsule -max.160dB sound pressure level
- max. dynamic range - 32 bit range - 186dB
- no separate power supply necessary, etc.
With the specially developed high-end, low noise capsule and the new, integrated electronics (among others, with integrated AD converter) the MV 240 expands the circle of potential users considerably.
Exactness and simplified operation make it possible to optimize existing and find new, cost-saving applications (e.g. industry, environment, R&D, occupational health and safety, Study and training sector).
Existing disadvantages of previous AD solutions could be overcome, e.g:
- time-consuming and personnel-intensive installation and operation,
- Errors due to complicated coordination of several electronic and software components,
- handling the electrical voltage as a coupler by the user,
- Measurable / audible USB artifacts,
- Insufficient sensitivity or limited frequency range, etc.
The MV 240 thus offers the possibility of solving all the above problems with just one device, replacing 2 analogue microphones, 2 analogue front end channels and part of the digital signal processing in a cost-saving way.
Customer benefits of the new MV 240:
- Only one measuring range for the entire dynamic range, i.e. no range switching necessary,
- direct digital sound pressure conversion (with exact sensor-ADU adjustment to exclude common sources of error),
- Sampling frequency up to 192kHz is supported,
- no measurable/audible USB artifacts, USB class compatible (USB 2/3), no additional driver necessary,
- User independence from special manufacturer software, possibility of using commercially free available measurement software,
- internally generated capsule polarization voltage 200V,
- Minimal inherent noise due to optimum adaptation of the measuring capsule to the AD converter,
- Compatible with all common OS, such as Windows®(XP,Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10),Linux, Mac OS®, ioS®),
- Electrical voltage in the system is irrelevant to the user due to direct digital sound pressure conversion. (Direct Digital Sound Pressure Transformation/DDST, based on a new definition: 1µPa ≙ Integer value 1 in LSB.)
Another major advantage is a test generator integrated in the microphone, which checks both the complete transmission and evaluation of a 32-bit data stream from the microphone via the interface to the measurement software on the PC, as well as a further integrated test generator, which generates a signal corresponding to the sound pressure of 1 Pascal to show the reference point in the respective measurement software.
(internal electrical voltage in the system is irrelevant, which increases measurement reliability).